Appraisals are available by appointment on Thursdays between 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Please contact us if you would like to schedule an appointment. Appraisals are not available over the phone.
Written Appraisals for Insurance Purposes
These include a written description of the instrument or bow, including measurements and current replacement value. They are mailed 5-10 business days from the date of purchase/appointment date.
Items not purchased from Givens Violins:
- Instrument: $85
- Bow accompanying an instrument: $50
- Bow alone: $60
- Research surcharge (per hour): $110
These include Claire Givens’ assessment of when/where the instrument or bow was made along with a current replacement value.
- Verbal appraisal per instrument or bow: $50
We recommend that all insurance appraisals be updated every two years in order to be sure that insurance coverage reflects current replacement costs. Updates are mailed 5-10 business days from the date requested.
- Items purchased from Givens Violins: $20
- Items not purchased from Givens Violins: $35
These are detailed line-item listings of repairs recommended to put an instrument or bow into top playing condition.
- Repair estimate — per hour (pro-rated): $110 (average fee: $45)
Insurance Claim Letters
These include a repair estimate from the shop and are printed on Claire Givens Violins, Inc. letterhead.
- Insurance claim letter: $50
- Insurance claim letter with photos: $125