Instruments & Bows
Shop On-line Now!
To begin shopping click the button below to review our inventory.
Givens Violins New Web Page Features:
- 3 views of each instrument with detailed enlargements
On-line shopping option for violins and violas to $4,000 and cellos to $5,000. Look for the shopping cart icon:
THE RISK-FREE ON-LINE PURCHASE
Given Violins has a reputation for:
GIVENS VIOLINS GUARANTEE TO OUR ON-LINE CUSTOMERS
Please do not hesitate to call our Sales Staff for guidance or leave a message about your needs at:
612/375-0708 or 800/279-4323 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are string players who know our instruments and bows well and take great pride in helping you make the best possible decision.
Carefully Chosen Instruments and Bows
Givens Violins individually and carefully selects each instrument and bow it offers for sale using proven criteria for workmanship, materials and design. This vetting process allows Givens Violin to provide the very best work from each maker and workshop. In fact, we return at least 20 to 30% of instruments offered to us, because our criteria are not met.
This results in the highest quality instruments possessing:
- Beauty of tone
- Ease of response
- Precise and enduring craftsmanship and design
- Long term value of investment
These standards result in our inventory of violins, violas, cellos and their bows having the greatest potential for a beautiful and engaging sound, ease of response, power and expressiveness together with fine and enduring craftsmanship.
The restorers at Givens Violins set-up every instrument we sell. This set-up consists of:
- A carefully chosen, seasoned, hand carved Balkan maple bridge
- A seasoned sound post carved to fit the specific instrument
- Ebony fingerboard planed to the highest standards
- Seasoned and attractive hardwood pegs fitted to the instrument
- A tailpiece chosen to match the pegs and chinrest
- A chinrest that best suits you
- Strings chosen for the specific instrument that allow for the best sound and tonal response
- A soundpost adjustment that creates maximum clarity with color, evenness and power across all the strings together with the greatest expressiveness.
Our bows are chosen for playability and longevity using these criteria:
- Wood quality and grain direction
- Fit of frog
- Quality of materials and finish
- Weight and balance
- Careful and exacting standards and craftsmanship
learn more about our exceptional workshop at Givens Violins.
30 Day Return Policy with No-hassle Full Refund
We want you to be satisfied with your on-line purchase from Givens Violins and provide you with a 30 day return option. If the instrument and/or bow and case are returned with damage or wear then repair costs will be deducted from your refund. The refund does not include any shipping costs. Instruments or bows returned for replacement or credit must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
Warranty When you Shop On-line
Givens Violins will repair or replace any instrument or bow that proves defective in materials or workmanship within a year of purchase.
Givens Violins offers, to the original purchaser, a 100% trade-in on instruments and bows. The trade-in item can be used to acquire another instrument or bow of greater or equal value. Only one trade is allowed per item purchased, trading a bow for a bow, a violin for a violin, etc. The trade-in credit is calculated using the original invoice price of the item traded, minus a portion of the cost of strings, repairs and maintenance. If there is significant damage there also may be a deduction for resultant depreciation to value.