Full-time Cello Sales Position
Claire Givens Violins is currently looking for a good cellist who is enthusiastic about retail work plus is organized and has basic computer skills. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday 8:30am-5:30pm. Benefits include: paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, group health insurance, cafeteria plan and disability coverage. Starting wage is $15/hour or commensurate with experience.
Job responsibilities would include:
• Inventory Maintenance – playing, tuning & dusting
• Showing preparation – choosing instruments and preparing choices for interested customers
• Organizing and stocking the retail spaces including the showroom
• Other administrative responsibilities to support the sales effort
• Must be able to play the cello at a Suzuki book 5 level, at minimum and be discerning about sound.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and organize priorities
• Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
• Retail experience
• Must be available to work Saturdays
Claire Givens Violins is located in Downtown Minneapolis. It was founded in 1977 and has been serving the string community for over 40 year by offering a broad inventory of violins, violas, cellos, their bows, accessories and has a workshop staffed with professional violin makers and restorers. We offer a stable, creative & interesting environment with the opportunity to work with some of the best customers and musicians in the region plus top internationally regarded craftsmen.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Claire Givens Violins
1201 Marquette Avenue, Suite 150
Minneapolis, MN 55403