Retail Manager Position:
Givens Violins would like to hire an experienced full-time Retail Manager to oversee our daily retail operations. We are a staff of string players committed to helping our customers have a great playing experience. Our ideal candidate would be an accomplished player, preferably violin or viola. (performance/teaching experience is a significant plus) and have sales and management experience in the violin trade. Opportunities to learn the business from Claire Givens and Andrew Dipper are part of this position. Hours are Tuesday – Saturday 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Retail Manager Requirements:
- At least 3 years of managerial and sales experience
- Experience managing and directing an engaged and vibrant sales team
- Excellent skill in Customer relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
- Willing to travel
- Enthusiastic to provide great customer service
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Retail Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for growing the retail portion of the business.
- Hire and Train retail Sales staff
- Oversee the activities and performance of the sales team
- Establish and manage planned weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Responsible for sales team motivation, coaching, customer engagement and product knowledge
- Actively Maintain relationships with current customers and continuously expand the customer network.
- Retail time and presence at the front counter
- Prepare violins, violas, cellos and bows for showings
- Coordinate with the workshop staff to manage inventory priorities.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package including vacation, sick time, medical, cafeteria plan, short term, long term disability, and store discounts.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.