Givens Violins, in downtown Minneapolis, has a full-time position for a Cello staff person. We are starting interviews currently.
This is the perfect position for a cellist who wants to stay within the music world without the pressures of performing or teaching. It is an opportunity to learn about the business world, the history of violinmaking and fine craftsmanship plus work with great musicians daily and the families of young players.
There is the potential to be earning more than $40,000 within two years based on success. It is not a commission environment, rather we have team goals.
Please forward this posting to all who you think might find this to be an interesting job. Thank you very much for your consideration.
Cello Staff Position Responsibilities:
• Sales work
• Preparing cellos and their bows for showings
• Maintaining the cello and bow inventory (keeping in order, tuning, dusting & making sure the bridges are straight)
• Front counter work – selling accessories, repair intake and invoicing
• Admin responsibilities
• Must be an accomplished cellist.
• Sales experience
• Must be well organized
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Basic computer skills
• Willing to travel
Hours are 8:30 to 5:30 Tuesday – Saturday. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Good benefits including paid vacation, holidays and sick time, health insurance, disability insurance and a cafeteria plan.
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Claire Givens Violins
1201 Marquette Avenue, Suite 150
Minneapolis, MN 55403