The New Performance Season is Here-
Learn How Givens Violins Can Help You Prepare
All of us at Givens Violins want you to sound and play your best as you start the season after a complicated year and a half. Now is the time to take care of this before becoming “super busy”.
Here are our Top 7 suggestions to get ready:
1.Free check-up – Bring your instrument and bow to the shop. Make an appointment 612-375-0708.
-We will check every glue seam.
-Make sure your bridge is straight.
-Check to see if your strings need replacing.
-Check your pegs to make sure they are working.
-Review your bow for possible rehair, new screw, leather or tip plate.
2. If you need a loaner while your instrument/bow is in the shop, we can arrange this at no charge.
3. Time for an upgrade? – Please call us (612-375-0708) to arrange a showing of instruments or bows that would be an upgrade. Don’t forget about our generous Trade-In Policy. Check our website for options: www.givensviolins.com
4.Shipping – if you aren’t able to visit Givens Violins in person, keep in mind we can ship to you. We pay the shipping costs to you to try instruments and bows.
5. Questions re: paying for a new purchase?
– We have Synchrony Financing available – no interest financing for 6 months or 12 months. The application is easy and results are within minutes.
– We accept all credit cards: American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
– We will also customize a payment plan for you if the above options don’t suit your situation.
6. Time for new strings? Talk to us about what sound and response you want from your instrument. There are many new strings on the market that you may not have tried. The right strings will allow you to stand out, improve articulation and power.
New strings in the last 2 years:
–Violin: Dominant Pro and Perpetual.
–Viola: Rondo and Perpetual.
–Cello: Rondo, Canone, Perpetual, and Larsen Aurora.
Plus we carry all the other major brands, Thomastik Infeld (Dominant, Vision, Pi, Spirocore, Versum, Rondo, Ti), Pirastro, Evah Pirazzi, Perpetual, Passione, Larsen (Canone), Jargar, Prim, and Warchal.
7. Baroque violins and bows: There are many routes to starting your Early Music life. This short video discusses the stages: Claire Givens on becoming an Historical Performance player and associated costs – YouTube